Saturday, December 8, 2012

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

Yesterday, my friends and I decided to do some Chirstmasy things. We were going to go up to the top of St. Paul's but it was kinda cloudy in the morning and we would rather do it when we will have a clear view. Colleen, Caitlyn, Roxanne and I ended up starting our adventure at Harrods. Harrods is the big department store in London. It is huge! There are like 5 or 6 floors and it literally contains anything possible that you need to buy but it is very expensive. The outside windows had a Disney Princess theme to them. Each window had a different princess with the scenery from the story. It was really cute. We walked through all the floors and looked at all the beautiful dresses and shoes and clothes and toys. You name it, we saw it. All the floors were decorated for Christmas time. The Christmas room was the best. It was filled with ornaments and cards and wrapping paper and all kinds of Christmas decorations. Totally insane. There were so many people in Harrods it was slightly overwhelming.









Our next stop was to a crepe place for dinner in South Kensington. We met up with Kelly there. They had so many different crepe options it was crazy but they were delicious. After that we went to Hyde Park for Winter Wonderland. It is basically like a huge Christmas themed carnival. So much fun. Colleen and I went on one ride. It brings you around and around in a circle and your car flips upside down and at some points you look like your flying straight into the ground. It was at least 200 feet in the air. It was so much fun but totally crazy especially when you slid forward in your seat. We were sitting on the side of the car where you go backwards which made it even crazier since you couldn't see where you were falling some sometimes. Roxanne, Caitlyn, and I went on the Wild Mouse coaster to which is always fun. We then went to the Carousel Bar. Basically it is a carousel for big people. No ticket needed you just hop on get a drink at the bar in the center and hang out on the carousel. They have a DJ playing music. He did a mix of regular songs and Christmas ones. It was so much fun. We moved to the October Fest room which had a live singer. We hung out in there for a while too before heading back to Kelly's room to hang out. Over all it was a very fun day.

















I can't believe I am in the single digits to when I go home. It feels like yesterday that I was on the boat cruise. I have crossed off all no expense things from my bucket list. There are still somethings I hope to do but for the most part I have done everything I really wanted to. I have to finish up a few assignments and then I am just going to enjoy my last week in London. I should probably start packing soon too. Crazy! Stay tuned for my last few posts!

Cheers,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment