Friday, October 26, 2012

The Bucket List

London has so much to see and do. Before I left for London, I sat down with my Aunt and Uncle and they gave me a list of places I should go and things to see. I have also accumulated a list of my own since being here. The first few weeks of my trip I started going through my list and saw a good portion of the city. Needless to say my list has continued to grow and I still have so much I want to do.

The view as we walked across one of the bridges


Today I had the day free because I packed and cleaned last night. I decided to start checking more things off my bucket list. Colleen and I went to The National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery. There are many amazing pictures in both Gallery's. I love that they have descriptions next to each picture giving the background. So many famous artists have pictures hanging. My favorites are the scenery ones. The colors that are used are beautiful and it is fun to see where the scene is. Some of the places I have been to or will be going to before I leave in December!



The Patriots are in town this weekend for their game on Sunday. Unfortunately I will not be around to go to the game or anything but outside the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square they were setting up for the Fan Rally. So many tourists are in London this weekend for the game so I am sure it will get crazy around here. It would have fun to be around and watch the game at a Pub. I guess The Patriots practiced in Hyde Park earlier today. Colleen and I talked yesterday about trying to figure out where they were practicing but the schedule we found never said. My dad was the one that told me because he was watching channel 4 who is out here covering the game. My dad said they were drinking on the street and was shocked that there are no laws against that out here. Europe sure is different then America!
















Cheers,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment