Sunday, October 7, 2012

St. Paul's Cathedral

Today I went to Church at St. Paul's Cathedral. I thought it would be a neat experience to say I have been to church there. It is an Anglican Church. It was interesting to see the differences between their ceremony and a Catholic mass. They do not do Eucharist during every celebration. We went to what is called the Choral Evensong and Sermon. It was really interesting. The chorus was made up of mostly adult males and young boys. There were only a few women singing. Most of the ceremony was sung. It wasn't as different as I expected. The service was an hour long. I was surprised at this because there was no communion. I enjoyed it though. The Cathedral itself was beautiful! The architecture was absolutely amazing. The detail that was put into the carvings on the walls were unbelievable. I can only imagine the work that was put into this building so many years ago. The ceiling was my favorite part I spent a lot of time looking at it during the service. It is definitely the most beautiful Cathedral I have ever been in. I am happy I went to a service there as well. It was a great experience and such a beautiful place to be in. We were not suppose to take pictures inside the cathedral But I managed to sneak one with my phone. Shhh

Cheers,
Allie



No comments:

Post a Comment